Sunday, December 13, 2009

I know, I know, it's been awhile since I last updated this. It's just so easy to get caught up in the things going on around you sometimes. One of my fondest memories of Rome was losing track of any sense of time (and even location at times) and just exploring the city without any restrictions. I was able to soak in so many more things by not constantly looking at my watch or worrying about sticking to any schedule...

When have you allowed yourself to lose all sense of time and just get caught up in the moment/in the place you were? How did that feel?

1 comment:

  1. Losing track of time seems to be common in Rome. One of the best nights I had there was when some classmates and I went out to dinner. We fully intended to go out and make it an early night, but dinner and 4 crafts of wine later, we were still there and chatting it up. It was fun to get to know each person better, their motivations for coming to Italy, what they hoped to get out of the trip, and perhaps most importantly that we all had the same fears and apprehentions about the trip and spending the next 2 weeks with only each other.

    Another memory of losing all track of time in a place is when I/We were in Hawaii having a conversation out on the lava rocks by the ocean. Good conversation and an amazing view - what more could you want? Why rush it? Hooray for getting yelled at for being gone too long when we got back!

    ReplyDelete

Where's the Travel Answer Man